Number Frames helps students structure numbers to 5, 10, 20, and 100. Students use the frames to count, represent, compare, and compute with numbers in a particular range.
The frames help students see quantities as equal groups of other quantities and in relation to benchmark quantities. This helps primary students move away from one-by-one counting and towards more efficient ways of counting and computing. As students advance, custom frames can be constructed to help visualize factors, products, fractional parts and more.
This virtual version of number frames are open-ended educational tools, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use laptops, iPads, or Chromebooks.
- Use standard 5-, 10-, 20-, and 100-frames, or create custom frames up to 12 x 12.
- Choose from a variety of counters and colors.
- Drag single counters — or stacks of 5 and 10 — into frames or on to the workspace.
- Apply a 5s grid to frames to emphasize every 5th line and reinforce counting.
- Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
- Write equations and expressions with the text tool.
- Add equations, expressions, and descriptions with the math text and writing tools.
Share your work by saving an image or providing a share code to others.
Get more from this app
Technical Support and Feedback
These apps were crafted by Clarity Innovations: “We improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.” For app support and feedback, contact them at www.clarity-innovations.com/apps.
© 2020 The Math Learning Center