Math Clock helps students become fluent working with time. Learners use analog clocks with geared or free-moving hands to learn how to tell time, explore jumps with count by numbers, and visualize story problems involving intervals of time. By placing and shading fraction overlays, students use the clock to contextualize fractions with frequently used denominators.
- Add clocks with geared or free-moving hands
- Set the time and run a live clock with a second hand
- Display equivalent digital time
- Add minute and hour hand labels
- Jump the minute hand on geared clocks by intervals 1-60
- Use the elapsed time tool to solve problems involving intervals of time.
- Overlay and shade circle fractions to explore fractional parts of an hour and fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, and 60
- Duplicate and resize clocks to work with multiple clocks at once.
- Hide and reveal clocks with resizable covers to create your own problems and model strategies.
- Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
- Add equations, expressions, and descriptions with the math text and writing tools.
- Share your work by saving an image or providing a share code to others.
Technical Support and Feedback
These apps were crafted by Clarity Innovations: “We improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.” For app support and feedback, contact them at www.clarity-innovations.com/apps.
© 2020 Math Learning Center